- Course Level PG Diploma
- Credits 40 CIQ
- Next intake August 2019
- Duration 3 months
- Study mode Online
- Language English
The Post Graduate Diploma in Healthcare Management helps professionals already working in the healthcare industry or aspire to seek a career in the healthcare industry. The PG Diploma in Healthcare Management is best suited for healthcare professionals, hospital administrators, managers, supervisors, medical Practitioners, doctors, nurses, paramedics and support staffs at Hospitals, Clinics and Pharmacies to acquire principles for effective Healthcare Management which is essential to the leading hospitals and healthcare companies. The course has a distinct appeal due to the growing demand for trained professionals in the Healthcare industry across the globe.
The courses aim to provide healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to be an effective manager in the healthcare sector, equipping participants with an understanding of the external context in which healthcare organisations operate, how they are managed, and analytical techniques that can be applied to decision-making processes within the health sector.
Upon successful completion of this qualification the student should be able to understand:
- Understand the healthcare organisations structure and culture, including the organisational behavior in the healthcare industry.
- Have a good knowledge of change management and organisational development in healthcare environments.
- Understand healthcare strategies, devise healthcare strategic plans and know about healthcare accreditation schemes.
- Know about healthcare quality, patient safety and prevention of medical errors.
- Understand healthcare management and leadership issues.
- Acquire a basic knowledge of healthcare financial.
- Understand healthcare strategies, devise healthcare strategic plans and acquire knowledge of healthcare accreditation schemes.
- Understand about healthcare quality, patient safety and prevention of medical errors.
- Understand the quality of leadership required in healthcare industry, discuss various leadership styles and approaches available.
- Acquire the essentials of good healthcare financial management principles.
- Understand a typical healthcare organisations' structure and culture, including the organisational behaviour in healthcare industry.
- Understand change management and apply it effectively to organisational development in healthcare sector.
- Gain knowledge on the values, attitudes and behaviour of employees and align these with the strategic management practices in the Healthcare Sector.
Documents Required for Application
- Duly Filled Application form
- Academic documents
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of your passport
- A photograph
- Hospital Administrator
- Medical Facility CFO
- Medical Manager
- Health Information Manager
A learner with Postgraduate Advanced Diploma in Healthcare Management and Leadership, awarded by Cambridge International Qualifications, United Kingdom can progress onto MBA Healthcare Management, awarded by Guglielmo Marconi University, Italy, Europe and take advantage of credit transfer with fee exemption and shorter program duration. The Executive MBA program in Health Care Management & Leadership is a 60 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) program and has dual accreditation, both in US and EU.
Cambridge International Qualifications (CIQ) is a professional awarding organisation based in the UK. CIQ develops and accredits qualifications designed to meet the needs of learners and the industry sectors in order to provide individuals with opportunities for personal and professional development. CIQ has gained the reputation for high quality support and services to the educational sector.
At CIQ , we are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life. Cambridge International Qualification has developed an internal Qualification Framework (CIQ Credit Framework) which consists of different levels and qualifications such as Certificates and Diplomas in line with the International standards.
CIQ is accredited by nationally recognised awarding organisations such as NCFE and TQUK.
NCFE, previously the Northern Council for Further Education, has designed, developed and certified over 500 nationally regulated qualifications. TQUK, also known as Training Qualifications, UK, offers world class support and service to over 200 approved centres with a wide range of qualifications recognised by the Office of Qualifications and examinations Regulation England (Ofqual) and can be adapted to suit the learners needs.