- Course Level P D
- Credits 20 CIQ
- Next intakeFebruary 2019
- Duration 1 month
- Study mode Online
- Language English
Operations Management is an integral component for the success of any organisation, whether they are manufacturing companies producing physical good or organisations offering services. The Professional Diploma in Operations Management is designed to provide learners with the understanding of business activities necessary for improving business operations & processes efficiently. The course equips learners with the skills required to undertake challenging business operations problems and to configure business processes, structure & technology in order to achieve successful business operations.
Main course objectives:
- To enable students to achieve necessary knowledge & abilities to efficiently undertake business operations at departmental and/or organizational level.
- To analyse and understand the value added by modern technology in achieving organizational objective through business operations and processes.
- To familiarize students with various models, tools & techniques used to analyse various business operations and their management.
- To underline the potential of gaining a competitive advantage through existence of an efficient operations management system.
The course is helpful for a wide range of people including College Students, Administrative Managers, Operations Managers, Supervisory staff, or anyone recently promoted to management position. The course is also beneficial to business consultants and entrepreneurs who wish to improve their knowledge regarding efficiency in business performance.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Design & implement new business processes and layout or improve the ones already in place.
- Understand the role of efficient business operations and the value added to stakeholders.
- Identify & improve organizational position and to enhance third party business relations.
- Understand the role of appropriate supporting technologies, tools & modals and to evaluate the opportunities created by capitalizing on these.
The course is intended to cover the following areas:
- Operations Management: the role, activities and operations strategies.
- Business Process Models, design, Layout and Technology.
- Operations management through information management.
- Project management.
The course is developed to help working class people add & enhance operation management skills in their respective fields. They can further utilize the program to improve on their current knowledge & skill set, and gain professional advantage in the long run.
A student holding a professional diploma is always at an advantage while progressing onto further studies like BBA, BBM, MBA, or any other business management course. A professional diploma will always be helpful in propelling a student in the right path of their chosen career. Moreover, students who intend to go for an EMBA from GMU (Guglielmo Marconi University) will be eligible to receive an exemption in the same module following a successful completion of this program.
The course assessment will be based on Case Studies/Report Writing.
Cambridge International Qualifications (CIQ) is a professional awarding organisation based in the UK. CIQ develops and accredits qualifications designed to meet the needs of learners and the industry sectors in order to provide individuals with opportunities for personal and professional development. CIQ has gained the reputation for high quality support and services to the educational sector.
At CIQ , we are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life. Cambridge International Qualification has developed an internal Qualification Framework (CIQ Credit Framework) which consists of different levels and qualifications such as Certificates and Diplomas in line with the International standards.
CIQ is accredited by nationally recognised awarding organisations such as NCFE and TQUK.
NCFE, previously the Northern Council for Further Education, has designed, developed and certified over 500 nationally regulated qualifications. TQUK, also known as Training Qualifications, UK, offers world class support and service to over 200 approved centres with a wide range of qualifications recognised by the Office of Qualifications and examinations Regulation England (Ofqual) and can be adapted to suit the learners needs.
- Accredited by ACICS, CHEA, Ministry of Education (Italy)
- Dual Certification Program – Students get an EMBA & PG Advanced Diploma
- Onsite Evening-Weekend classes-Friday’s Only
- Flexible installment option
- Robust learning management system containing case studies, HD-quality video lectures
- On-line Library Access
- Leadership session in London.
- Guglielmo Marconi University Alumni Status
- Option to attend University Convocation in Rome