- Course Level PG Diploma
- Credits 40 CIQ
- Next intake July 2019
- Duration 3 months
- Study mode Online
- Language English
The Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management helps the learners understand the systems approach which involves the flow of materials and information among all of the firms that contribute value to a product, from the source of raw materials to end customers. Supply Chain Management (SCM) has emerged as the new key to productivity and competitiveness of manufacturing and service enterprises, PG Diploma in Supply Chain & the PG Diploma in Logistics provides you develop you with right skills sets for the industry. Business competition is now between supply networks rather than individual corporations. Supply chain management (SCM) touches major issues, including rapid growth of multinational corporations and strategic partnerships; global expansion and sourcing; environmental concerns, fluctuating gas prices; each of these issues dramatically affects corporate strategy and bottom line. Because of these emerging trends, supply chain management is the most critical business discipline in the world today. By studying this course students develop the ability to conceptualize, design, and implement supply chains aligned with product, market, and customer characteristics.
The following are the aims of this program:
- To understand the relationship between supply chain management and organizational business objectives
- To use information technology to optimize supplier relationships in an organization
- To understand the role of logistics and procurement in supply chain management
- To plan a strategy to improve an organisation’s supply chain.
- Understand the Essentials of Supply chain management
- Understand the role of logistics and procurement in supply chain management.
- Understand the basics of shipping operations, including the documentation involved
- Understand the paradigm shift from anticipation to response based business models.
- Be able to use Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment [CPFR] techniques to enhance Supply Chain decisions in an organization.
- Understand the application of SCOR model to implement, monitor and improve supply chain decisions.
- Understand cross functional drivers of supply chain in a globally competitive context
Applicants must have attained the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University
- English Proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 and above
- Minimum 20 years of age
- Minimum 2 years of work experience preferred
Documents Required for Application:
- Duly Filled Application form
- Academic documents (High School and Bachelor degree with transcripts)
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of your passport
- A photograph
- Statement of purpose
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Supply Chain Management Strategist
- Global Procurement and Supply Manager
- Global Logistics Manager
- Domestic and International Transportation Manager
Cambridge International Qualifications (CIQ) is a professional awarding organisation based in the UK. CIQ develops and accredits qualifications designed to meet the needs of learners and the industry sectors in order to provide individuals with opportunities for personal and professional development. CIQ has gained the reputation for high quality support and services to the educational sector.
At CIQ , we are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life. Cambridge International Qualification has developed an internal Qualification Framework (CIQ Credit Framework) which consists of different levels and qualifications such as Certificates and Diplomas in line with the International standards.
CIQ is accredited by nationally recognised awarding organisations such as NCFE and TQUK.
NCFE, previously the Northern Council for Further Education, has designed, developed and certified over 500 nationally regulated qualifications. TQUK, also known as Training Qualifications, UK, offers world class support and service to over 200 approved centres with a wide range of qualifications recognised by the Office of Qualifications and examinations Regulation England (Ofqual) and can be adapted to suit the learners needs.