Master LevelSQA - Level 11
Next IntakeDecember 2020
Level 11 Extended Diploma in Global Business Management
A unique master level diploma paving the way for learners to an Advanced entry towards their MBA/MA/MSc from reputed UK and European Universities. Regulated credits earned from the Extended Diploma is on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) Level 7 providing successful learners international mobility, progression routes and credit transfer options. The learners also have the option to earn a Certified Manager Status from a chartered body in the UK.
The Extended Diploma in Global Business Management helps develop a comprehensive understanding of business management skills to become a well-rounded manager in a dynamic global business environment. The course provides an understanding of strategic business models, contemporary global issues along with the values of sustainable leadership.
This course prepares the learners for a dynamic and competitive business landscape and exemplifies Eaton Business School’s approach to promote ‘Theory to practice’ which enables the learners to apply learning in various global business domains such as business sustainability, supply chain, business analytics, leadership, HR and marketing.
The Extended diploma in Global Business Management allows ambitious professionals to accelerate career growth with progression pathways to a Master of Business Administration, Master of Arts or Master of Science program whereby making learners uniquely positioned to navigate the challenges in the global business context and to drive the success of their organisations.
- Critically evaluate the relationship between strategy, stakeholder expectations and organizational performance.
- Evaluate the impact of current and emerging Economic, Political and Cultural factors on the strategic management of an organization.
- Formulate innovative business strategies designed to contribute to the success of an organization.
- Critically assess different leadership styles in developing corporate values, social responsibilities and managing strategic change.
Sustainability in Business
- Appraise the multiple dimensions of sustainability for business in the context of global challenges
- Critically review, evaluate and develop sustainability strategies of organizations
- Critically analyze the strategy alignment of the business functions to sustainability
- Critically analyze an organizations global sustainability and your contribution to the impact on global sustainability.
International Marketing Management
- Analyze the changing business environment(s) globally and how they pose challenges to marketing management functions in organizations.
- Develop marketing plans with application of appropriate marketing models, tools and techniques.
- Evaluate the processes involved in brand management and how they influence consumer behavior.
- Decide how to launch new products/services in a dynamic global marketplace.
Strategic Leadership and HR Practice in Organizations
- Critically analyze the significance of Strategic Human Resources Management and its changing landscape in organizations.
- Critically discuss the impact of Human Resources Management activities on the Organizational Performance.
- Evaluate various leadership styles and practices in organizations.
- Plan how to implement change in an organization.
Supply Chain and Logistics in the global context
- Critically analyze cross functional drivers of supply chain in a globally competitive context.
- Critically analyse and review multi-model logistics systems, warehousing and inventory management in a global context.
- Demonstrate critical understanding of supply chain management system models and techniques.
- Analyse financial agreements within supply chain management systems.
Application of Business Analytics
- Critically analyze business problems and discuss the opportunities for organizations to become more analytical and data driven to solve such problems.
- Evaluate different categories of analytics.
- Critically analyze the importance of analytics in social media functions.
Applicants must have attained the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University
- English Proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Minimum 20 years of age
- Minimum 2 years of work experience preferred
- Applicants without bachelors degree can apply based on their work experience
Documents Required for Application
- Duly filled application form
- Academic documents (High School and Bachelor degree with transcripts)
- A copy of your passport
- A photograph
- Statement of purpose
- Experience/Employment letter
The qualifications emphasis on practical skills development alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding in the business sector. They are particularly suitable for more mature learners who wish to follow a study that is directly related to their work experience or to an aspect of employment that they wish to move into in due course. On successful completion of these qualifications, national recognition by employers enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study.
A possible progression path after this level 11 Extended Diploma, is to enter a UK or European university MBA/MA/MSc top-up Program. This program rewards the learners with 120 SCQF credits. Students of Eaton Business School successfully completing the Extended Diploma will be eligible to progress onto the final dissertation stage of an MBA/MA/MSc (Top-up) program and complete the required remaining credits towards the accomplishment of their Masters from select universities in UK or Europe, based on their advanced entry eligibility criteria.
The Extended Diploma in Global Business Management is awarded by CIQ, UK. Cambridge International Qualifications (CIQ), UK is a professional awarding body based in United Kingdom. CIQ is founded on the vision of helping individual learners and employers in attaining quality accredited awards. With centers across the Middle East, Europe and African region, CIQ is a proud certification partner for more than 100 organizations and has a progression pathway with some of the leading universities across the world. CIQ also designs customized program on leading industry topics and facilitates their certification programs through its channel partners across the world.
The Extended Diploma is accredited by Scottish Qualification Authority (SQA) – the executive public body of the Scottish Government responsible for accrediting educational awards. The program is a Level 11 program under the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) and has 120 credits. This is equivalent to European Qualifications Framework (EQF) Level 7. To know more about the qualification credit and related framework, https://scqf.org.uk/the-framework/search-database/