- Course Level Masters
- Credits 60 ECTS
- Next intake October 2018
- Duration 12 months
- Study mode Onsite/Online
- Language English
The economic boundaries across the world has already disappeared, and the ones existing are diminishing too. The impact of technology has and is continuing to play a major role in globalizing the business. Critical information is transferred to key verticals in a business, across continents, to ensure the effectiveness of business process to improve the bottom line. This International MBA program is one of the best executive program which can be pursued online, as distance learning or as part-time. Be it an organization that you are representing, or if it’s your own business exploring an international presence, understanding of best practices and optimum use of resources beyond borders are key to its success. Culture, language, political systems, geography, and socio-economic factors all influence a company’s business practices. Researching the companies you wish to do business with, including their business practices, culture and tradition is vital to business success in this global marketplace.
- To provide an opportunity for students to develop a general grasp of international business related knowledge in organizational management.
- To prepare students intellectually and practically for effective performance in their place of work / employment.
- To develop in students an understanding of the issues of international business management and business processes including the interrelationship between the core functional areas of an organizations, relative to particular sectors whether public or private.
- To develop specialized knowledge and domain expertise in a particular field of business such as Human Resource Management, Healthcare Management, Supply chain and logistics management, Project Management etc. from an international outlook to enable students to assume greater specialization in their place of employment.
- To develop an awareness of the problems confronted by organizations and businesses and to equip them with the means to solve problems.
- Critically review and analyse the importance of HRM and its practices in an organisation, and how it can be linked with organisational behaviour activities in overcoming business issues and challenges for a better performance of the organisation.
- Critically review and analyse the framework of leadership and consider the nature, strengths and weaknesses of the various approaches: traits; functional; behavioural; style; contingency. The continuum of leadership behaviour should be explored in some depth with consideration of the factors determining the chosen leadership style.
- Discuss the concept of organisational behaviour and its interface with management. Review and critically synthesize the various influences on behaviour in organisations and the interface with management in integrating and balancing these.
- Assess the role of IHRM and its impact on the global organisation. Identify some of the key HRM challenges facing organisations working internationally.
- Discuss the prevalent HRM practices and integrating the best practices in the global organisation.
- Know the various tools, techniques and apply suitable tools and techniques in different alternative scenarios of Operations Management.
- Apply information management techniques and evaluate them in context of operational functions to achieve competitive advantage and make the organization globally competitive.
- Apply and critically evaluate the importance of project management to given business situations (Using PERT / CPM).
- Demonstrate operations strategy in domestic and global context, and evaluate how the use of technology has impacted the operational functions.
- Identify and analyse the implications for managing strategic change in supporting organisational transformation.
- Analyse the organisational management challenges faced during the transformation and changes experienced by the organisation.
- Analyse and evaluate the significance of strategy employed in trying to bring about an effective change management in an organisation. How does this impact leadership and human behaviour in the organisation.
- Evaluate different change management theories propounded on management and leadership attributes which leads to enhanced contribution by managers and the employees.
- Analyse the changing business environment(s) globally and how they pose challenges to marketing management functions in organisations.
- Develop marketing plans with the application of appropriate marketing models, tools and techniques.
- Evaluate the processes involved in brand management and how they influence consumer behaviour.
- Evaluate the skills set needed as a creative marketer to launch new products/services in a dynamic global marketplace.
- Analyse the concepts and theories of strategic management and critically evaluate the relationship between strategy, stakeholder expectations and organizational performance.
- Evaluate the impact of current and emerging Economic, Political and Cultural factors on strategic management in an International context..
- Formulate business strategies under challenging circumstances of Innovation and Change and evaluate those that contribute to the success of a particular organization.
- Develop plans for the implementation of business strategies and enhance Stakeholder Expectations.
- Understand the use of the key functional areas of marketing, strategy, finance, accounting and operations management in support of wider organizational activity.
- Critically analyze the financial reports of a public listed company in support of gauging and understanding the wider organizational financial activity.
- Understand different budgeting techniques and advise on suitable budgeting techniques that a company can adopt for its planning and control.
- Understand various prevalent performance measurement systems, discuss their suitability and appropriateness in a range of different environments.
- Dissertation is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your ability to investigate an issue of your own choice over a significant period of time. Essentially this is an individual effort but it is carried out with the guidance and advice of your supervisor. Research is a creative and investigative process which only you can develop fully.
- A supervisor/dissertation guide will be appointed to each student and the role of the supervisor is to act as a learning resource for the student. It is the student’s responsibility to make use of that opportunity, in consultation with the supervisor. The student is therefore expected to accept responsibility for the management of his/her learning.
Applicants must have attained the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University
- English Proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 and above
- Minimum 20 years of age
- Minimum 2 years of work experience preferred
Completing an IMBA degree opens the doors for a series of career opportunities. Here is a list with the most common careers Management graduates pursue:
- Management analyst
- Management consultant
- Sales manager
- International trader
- Finance controller
- Business development manager
A Master’s programme in international business qualifies you for more prestigious job opportunities. International business studies provide you knowledge about world cultures and societies, a treasured skill by employers worldwide that search for experts that can successfully manage multiple markets.
Guglielmo Marconi University is the only Italian University to have Dual Accreditation advantage; by the Italian Ministry of Education and is also accredited by ACICS – Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), the largest US accrediting institution linked to the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). This means that GMU EMBA degree is very well accepted by government agencies across the countries. University at present is home to more than 16000 students enrolled onto its graduate and postgraduate programs, 300 faculty members and an academic advising team made of more than 200 experts.
Cambridge International Qualifications (CIQ) is a professional awarding organisation based in the UK. CIQ develops and accredits qualifications designed to meet the needs of learners and the industry sectors in order to provide individuals with opportunities for personal and professional development. CIQ has gained the reputation for high quality support and services to the educational sector.
At CIQ , we are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life. Cambridge International Qualification has developed an internal Qualification Framework (CIQ Credit Framework) which consists of different levels and qualifications such as Certificates and Diplomas in line with the International standards.
CIQ is accredited by nationally recognised awarding organisations such as NCFE and TQUK.
NCFE, previously the Northern Council for Further Education, has designed, developed and certified over 500 nationally regulated qualifications. TQUK, also known as Training Qualifications, UK, offers world class support and service to over 200 approved centres with a wide range of qualifications recognised by the Office of Qualifications and examinations Regulation England (Ofqual) and can be adapted to suit the learners needs.
- Accredited by ACICS, CHEA, Ministry of Education (Italy)
- Dual Certification Program – Students get an EMBA & PG Advanced Diploma
- Onsite Evening-Weekend classes-Friday’s Only
- Flexible installment option
- Robust learning management system containing case studies, HD-quality video lectures
- On-line Library Access
- Leadership session in London.
- Guglielmo Marconi University Alumni Status
- Option to attend University Convocation in Rome