- Course Level Masters
- Credits 60 ECTS
- Next intake August 2018
- Duration 12 months
- Study mode Onsite/Online
- Language English
Supply Chain & Logistics Management
With the developing complexities in the management of businesses worldwide in the realm of Supply Chain and Logistics Management, the demand for talented and knowledgeable professionals in this field is on a regular increase. The Executive MBA in Supply Chain and Logistics Management can be pursued as an Online course, as distance learning or part-time, making it the flexible and convenient for the busy working professionals. It is simply not only about understanding and operating the Supply Chain and Logistics Management business units, but it is also about developing, managing, and leading vital business systems, processes towards profitability and growth. Successful managers are the ones who take a universal approach towards building a robust Supply Chain architecture for worldwide networks. With this objective, the pedagogy has been developed for working professionals to acquire reputed Executive MBA (EMBA) in this very important and ever-growing business domain of Supply Chain and Logistics Management, with the main aim of giving an international perspective blended with local outlook in this dominion. We want to provide world-class leaders who can successfully lead their business teams effectively and efficiently in Supply Chain and Logistics Management.
- The following are the aims of this program:
- To provide an opportunity for learners to develop good knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain and Logistics Management.
- To prepare learners intellectually and practically to produce effective performance in supply chain and logistics functions at their place of work/employment.
- To develop in learners an understanding of the issues of Supply Chain and Logistics Management business processes, including view its integration and alignment with core functional areas of the organization.
- To develop specialized knowledge and domain expertise in the particular field of Supply Chain and Logistics Management industry.
- To develop an awareness of the problems confronted by organizations and businesses in supply chain and logistics management functions. Also, help to equip them with the means to take effective decisions and solve problems for best optimum results.
- To prepare and nurture the learners in the field of Supply Chain and Logistics Management to manage their various organizational responsibilities to the best of their abilities.
- Assist learners in acquiring the requisite hard Supply Chain and Logistics skills, as well as the soft skills like Leadership and Communications to lead their business teams effectively for maximum productivity.
- This specialisation will act like a catalyst for enhanced career progression growth of the learner in this industry.
- Critically review and analyse the importance of HRM and its practices in an organisation, and how it can be linked with organisational behaviour activities in overcoming business issues and challenges for a better performance of the organisation.
- Critically review and analyse the framework of leadership and consider the nature, strengths and weaknesses of the various approaches: traits; functional; behavioural; style; contingency. The continuum of leadership behaviour should be explored in some depth with consideration of the factors determining the chosen leadership style.
- Discuss the concept of organisational behaviour and its interface with management. Review and critically synthesize the various influences on behaviour in organisations and the interface with management in integrating and balancing these. Asses the role of IHRM and its impact on global organisation. Identify some of the key HRM challenges facing organisations working internationally. Discuss the prevalent HRM practices and integrating the best practices in global organisation.
- Know the various tools, techniques and apply suitable tools and techniques in different alternative scenarios of Operations Management.
- Apply information management techniques and evaluate them in context of operational functions to achieve competitive advantage and make the organization globally competitive.
- Apply and critically evaluate the importance of project management to given business situations (Using PERT / CPM).
- Demonstrate operations strategy in domestic and global context, and evaluate how the use of technology has impacted the operational functions.
- Identify and analyse the implications for managing strategic change in supporting organisational transformation.
- Analyse the organisational management challenges faced during the transformation and changes experienced by the organisation.
- Analyse and evaluate the significance of strategy employed in trying to bring about an effective change management in an organisation. How does this impact leadership and human behaviour in the organisation.
- Evaluate different change management theories propounded on management and leadership attributes which leads to enhanced contribution by managers and the employees.
- Analyse the changing business environment(s) globally and how they pose challenges to marketing management functions in organisations.
- Develop marketing plans with the application of appropriate marketing models, tools and techniques.
- Evaluate the processes involved in brand management and how they influence consumer behaviour.
- Evaluate the skills set needed as a creative marketer to launch new products/services in a dynamic global marketplace.
- Understand the Essentials of Supply chain management
- Understand the role of logistics and procurement in supply chain management.
- Understand the basics of shipping operations, including the documentation involved
- Understand the paradigm shift from anticipation to response based business models.
- Be able to use Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment [CPFR] techniques to enhance Supply Chain decisions in an organization.
- Understand the application of SCOR model to implement, monitor and improve supply chain decisions.
- Understand cross functional drivers of supply chain in a globally competitive context
- Dissertation is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your ability to investigate an issue of your own choice over a significant period of time. Essentially this is an individual effort but it is carried out with the guidance and advice of your supervisor. Research is a creative and investigative process which only you can develop fully.
- A supervisor/dissertation guide will be appointed to each student and the role of the supervisor is to act as a learning resource for the student. It is the student’s responsibility to make use of that opportunity, in consultation with the supervisor. The student is therefore expected to accept responsibility for the management of his/her learning.
Applicants must have attained the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University
- English Proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 and above
- Minimum 20 years of age
- Minimum 2 years of work experience preferred
Documents Required for Application:
- Duly Filled Application form
- Academic documents (High School and Bachelor degree with transcripts)
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of your passport
- A photograph
- Statement of purpose
Completing an Executive MBA (EMBA) degree/certificate in Supply Chain and Logistics Management opens the doors for a series of career opportunities. Here is a list of the most common careers supply chain & logistics graduates pursue:
- Supply Chain Manager
- Systems Support Manager
- International Logistics Manager
- Warehouse Operations Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Transportation Manager
A scholar holding an Executive MBA (EMBA) with a concentration in Supply Chain and Logistics Management degree is always at a strategic advantage of his career to progress onto Doctorate degree: DBA or PhD in Supply Chain and Logistics Management (Level 8) of academic career path, the provided learner has displayed excellence in academic performance at Executive MBA (EMBA) level.
Guglielmo Marconi University is the only Italian University to have Dual Accreditation advantage; by the Italian Ministry of Education and is also accredited by ACICS – Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), the largest US accrediting institution linked to the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). This means that GMU EMBA degree is very well accepted by government agencies across the countries. University at present is home to more than 16000 students enrolled onto its graduate and postgraduate programs, 300 faculty members and an academic advising team made of more than 200 experts.
Cambridge International Qualifications (CIQ) is a professional awarding organisation based in the UK. CIQ develops and accredits qualifications designed to meet the needs of learners and the industry sectors in order to provide individuals with opportunities for personal and professional development. CIQ has gained the reputation for high quality support and services to the educational sector.
At CIQ , we are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life. Cambridge International Qualification has developed an internal Qualification Framework (CIQ Credit Framework) which consists of different levels and qualifications such as Certificates and Diplomas in line with the International standards.
CIQ is accredited by nationally recognised awarding organisations such as NCFE and TQUK.
NCFE, previously the Northern Council for Further Education, has designed, developed and certified over 500 nationally regulated qualifications. TQUK, also known as Training Qualifications, UK, offers world class support and service to over 200 approved centres with a wide range of qualifications recognised by the Office of Qualifications and examinations Regulation England (Ofqual) and can be adapted to suit the learners needs.
- Accredited by ACICS, CHEA, Ministry of Education (Italy)
- Dual Certification Program – Students get an EMBA & PG Advanced Diploma
- Onsite Evening-Weekend classes-Friday’s Only
- Flexible installment option
- Robust learning management system containing case studies, HD-quality video lectures
- On-line Library Access
- Leadership session in London.
- Guglielmo Marconi University Alumni Status
- Option to attend University Convocation in Rome