- Course Level Masters
- Credits 60 ECTS
- Next Intake May 2020
- Duration12 months
- Study Mode Online
- Language English
Earn your European MBA through Interactive and flexible online classes. Ideal program for working executives around the world
Project Management is the art of managing all the aspects of a project from inception to closure using a scientific and structured methodology. The role of a project manager is similar to that of a conductor in a symphony. The Executive MBA in Project Management can be pursued Online, as distance learning or part-time, making it the flexible and convenient for the busy working professionals.Individually, each of the artist knows what has to be done for his or her role, but it is the project manager who through his/ her vision drives the team towards the final goal of timely delivery/execution of the project. He/she needs to develop the skill to balance competing demands and determine appropriate interventions. A successful project manager should combine the science of project management with the art of managing people and processes, to achieve the desired optimal results. This specialization is appropriate for those persons who wish to develop professionally, increase their project management skills, apply a structured standards-based approach to management of projects, and seek career progression by moving into a formal Project Manager role. This module in the Executive MBA (EMBA) curriculum has been ideally designed for executives to enhance their competencies and skills in adeptly managing all projects successfully, which is a challenging task by itself.
This MBA program grants 60 ECTS credits to the learner. The US and UK credits are the equivalent conversions and are provided for illustrative purpose only.
The following are the aims of this program:
- To provide an opportunity for learners to develop a good business knowledge of handling different complex projects.
- Understand the important parameters of project scope, cost, quality, stakeholder management, project budget, risk assessment and communications.
- To develop in learners an understanding of the multi-faceted issues of Project Management, and its alignment with strategic business objectives of the organisation.
- To develop specialized knowledge and domain expertise in the field of Project Management, to enable learners to assume greater responsibilities in their place of employment.
- To develop an awareness of the problems in Project Management confronted by organizations and businesses, and to equip them with the means to find pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
- To prepare and nurture the learners to manage various demanding concerns of Project Management in organizations, and assume a leadership role to take logical decisions for effective management of all projects.
- Knowledge, skills and competence gained during this specialization pathway will pave way for further career progression of the learners in their respective organisations.
- Critically review and analyse the importance of HRM and its practices in an organisation, and how it can be linked with organisational behaviour activities in overcoming business issues and challenges for a better performance of the organisation.
- Critically review and analyse the framework of leadership and consider the nature, strengths and weaknesses of the various approaches: traits; functional; behavioural; style; contingency. The continuum of leadership behaviour should be explored in some depth with consideration of the factors determining the chosen leadership style.
- Discuss the concept of organisational behaviour and its interface with management. Review and critically synthesize the various influences on behaviour in organisations and the interface with management in integrating and balancing these. Asses the role of IHRM and its impact on global organisation. Identify some of the key HRM challenges facing organisations working internationally. Discuss the prevalent HRM practices and integrating the best practices in global organisation.
- Know the various tools, techniques and apply suitable tools and techniques in different alternative scenarios of Operations Management.
- Apply information management techniques and evaluate them in context of operational functions to achieve competitive advantage and make the organization globally competitive.
- Apply and critically evaluate the importance of project management to given business situations (Using PERT / CPM).
- Demonstrate operations strategy in domestic and global context, and evaluate how the use of technology has impacted the operational functions.
- Identify and analyse the implications for managing strategic change in supporting organisational transformation.
- Analyse the organisational management challenges faced during the transformation and changes experienced by the organisation.
- Analyse and evaluate the significance of strategy employed in trying to bring about an effective change management in an organisation. How does this impact leadership and human behaviour in the organisation.
- Evaluate different change management theories propounded on management and leadership attributes which leads to enhanced contribution by managers and the employees.
- Analyse the changing business environment(s) globally and how they pose challenges to marketing management functions in organisations.
- Develop marketing plans with the application of appropriate marketing models, tools and techniques.
- Evaluate the processes involved in brand management and how they influence consumer behaviour.
- Evaluate the skills set needed as a creative marketer to launch new products/services in a dynamic global marketplace.
- Understand the fundamentals of Strategic Project Management including Project Planning.
- Know the essentials of project development, including creation of risk plan in a strategic context.
- Understand the rudiments of project team management and the importance of a project manager being a strategic leader.
- Demonstrate the application of Project Management practice to a variety of contexts and challenges.
- Understand how to develop project specification, schedule, control and evaluation of project work, with use of different project management tools.
- Understand communication planning and management within a project context.
- Understand Project Management strategies and practices in a global context.
- Be able to implement and evaluate the outcomes of a project.
- Dissertation is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your ability to investigate an issue of your own choice over a significant period of time. Essentially this is an individual effort but it is carried out with the guidance and advice of your supervisor. Research is a creative and investigative process which only you can develop fully.
- A supervisor/dissertation guide will be appointed to each student and the role of the supervisor is to act as a learning resource for the student. It is the student’s responsibility to make use of that opportunity, in consultation with the supervisor. The student is therefore expected to accept responsibility for the management of his/her learning.
Applicants must have attained the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University
- English Proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 and above
- Minimum 20 years of age
- Minimum 2 years of work experience preferred
Documents Required for Application:
- Duly Filled Application form
- Academic documents (High School and Bachelor degree with transcripts)
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of your passport
- A photograph
- Statement of purpose
Completing an Executive MBA (EMBA) degree in Project Management opens the doors for a series of career opportunities. Here is a list of the most common careers project management graduates pursue
- Project coordinator
- Project Scheduler
- Assistant Project manager
- Project Manager
- Senior Project Manager
- PMO / Business Director
In general, the field of project management is incredibly hot. A wide range of industries use PMs to handle everything from launching new products to leading restructuring efforts to converting MIS systems. A high-end project manager can work on improving the efficiency of a manufacturing plant, redesigning a company’s computer systems, or overseeing the construction of anything from a building to a large public project like a bridge or hydroelectric dam.
A scholar holding an Executive MBA (EMBA) with a concentration in Project Management degree is always at a strategic advantage of his career to progress onto Doctorate degree: DBA or PhD in Business or Management (Level 8) of academic carrier path, provided the learner has displayed excellence in academic performance at EMBA level.
Guglielmo Marconi is a world-class Italian university promoting the use of innovative learning methodologies and an approach based on the development of interdisciplinary knowledge, skills and competencies with a particular emphasis on the global perspective. It’s diverse community has presently a total number of 16000 students enrolled in graduate and postgraduate programs, 300 faculty members and an academic advising team made of more than 200 experts. The University Headquarter is situated in the heart of Rome, near the Vatican City, but the numerous regional and international branches allow both domestic and overseas students to take their final exam and present their thesis/dissertation without leaving their own country or state. Guglielmo Marconi University is also an ENIC-NARIC approved university.
Learners pursuing their MBA through Eaton Business School earns two distinct certifications within one program. A Post Graduate Advanced Diploma from CIQ, UK and an MBA from Guglielmo Marconi University, Italy.
Guglielmo Marconi University
Guglielmo Marconi University (GMU) is a world-class Italian university promoting the use of innovative learning methodologies and an approach based on the development of interdisciplinary knowledge, skills and competencies with a particular emphasis on the global perspective. It’s diverse community has presently a total number of 16000 students enrolled in graduate and postgraduate programs, 300 faculty members and an academic advising team made of more than 200 experts. The University Headquarter is situated in the heart of Rome, near the Vatican City, but the numerous regional and international branches allow both domestic and overseas students to take their final exam and present their thesis/dissertation without leaving their own country or state. Guglielmo Marconi University is approved under SAQA and ENIC-NARIC.
Cambridge International Qualifications (CIQ), UK is a professional awarding body based in United Kingdom. CIQ is founded on the vision of helping individual learners and employers in attaining quality accredited awards. With centers across the Middle East, Europe and African region, CIQ is a proud certification partner for more than 100 organizations and has a progression pathway with some of the leading universities across the world. CIQ also designs customized program on leading industry topics and facilitates their certification programs through its channel partners across the world. CIQ also offers credit rated qualifications in partnership with SQA (Scottish Qualifications Authority) which are jointly certified by SQA & CIQ.