- Course Level Masters
- Credits 60 ECTS
- Next intake October 2018
- Duration 12 months
- Study mode Onsite/Online
- Language English
Efficient strategic management of resources is a vital requirement of a successful business unit. The most vibrant resource in any business organization is the Human Resource (HR). The Executive MBA in Human Resource Management and related HR Management courses with EBS can be pursued Online, as distance learning or part-time, making it the flexible and convenient for the busy working professionals.Every organisation tries to get the best Return on its Investment (ROI) to make profits and make a blue ocean in the highly competitive global world today. Companies which invest in their human resource to leverage top optimum performance from their people always acquire a higher return on their assets. Managing groups competently and extracting the best out of them leads to a motivated team, which eventually leads to growth and profitability of an organization. Successful management and good leadership promote employee development and employee engagement. Managers and working professionals require special expertise to skillfully manage the human resource to help contribute towards organizational goals and objectives. The specialization of HR Management in the Executive MBA (EMBA) curriculum has been ideally designed for executives to enhance their competencies and skills in adeptly managing the most valuable organisational asset, the human resource.
- The following are the aims of this program:
- To provide an opportunity for learners to get hands down experience of deftly managing human resource in organisations.
- To make learners understand various HR functions in organisations, including a pragmatic application of managing people in their place of work/employment.
- To develop in learners an understanding of business processes and its integration with the human resource functions.
- To enable learners to understand the strategic human resource management principles and its linkage with business strategies.
- To develop an awareness of the problems confronted by organizations and businesses with respect to human resource issues, and equip learners with the means to deal with people to keep them fully motivated and engaged at all times.
- To prepare and nurture learners to effectively and efficiently manage all HR functions in their respective workplaces, as well as ensure that they reach high professional growth and good career progression in their organisations.
- Critically review and analyse the importance of HRM and its practices in an organisation, and how it can be linked with organisational behaviour activities in overcoming business issues and challenges for a better performance of the organisation.
- Critically review and analyse the framework of leadership and consider the nature, strengths and weaknesses of the various approaches: traits; functional; behavioural; style; contingency. The continuum of leadership behaviour should be explored in some depth with consideration of the factors determining the chosen leadership style.
- Discuss the concept of organisational behaviour and its interface with management. Review and critically synthesize the various influences on behaviour in organisations and the interface with management in integrating and balancing these. Asses the role of IHRM and its impact on global organisation. Identify some of the key HRM challenges facing organisations working internationally. Discuss the prevalent HRM practices and integrating the best practices in global organisation.
- Know the various tools, techniques and apply suitable tools and techniques in different alternative scenarios of Operations Management.
- Apply information management techniques and evaluate them in context of operational functions to achieve competitive advantage and make the organization globally competitive.
- Apply and critically evaluate the importance of project management to given business situations (Using PERT / CPM).
- Demonstrate operations strategy in domestic and global context, and evaluate how the use of technology has impacted the operational functions.
- Identify and analyse the implications for managing strategic change in supporting organisational transformation.
- Analyse the organisational management challenges faced during the transformation and changes experienced by the organisation.
- Analyse and evaluate the significance of strategy employed in trying to bring about an effective change management in an organisation. How does this impact leadership and human behaviour in the organisation.
- Evaluate different change management theories propounded on management and leadership attributes which leads to enhanced contribution by managers and the employees.
- Analyse the changing business environment(s) globally and how they pose challenges to marketing management functions in organisations.
- Develop marketing plans with the application of appropriate marketing models, tools and techniques.
- Evaluate the processes involved in brand management and how they influence consumer behaviour.
- Evaluate the skills set needed as a creative marketer to launch new products/services in a dynamic global marketplace.
- Know the international economic drivers that influence HRM strategies.
- Understand the purpose of strategic HR planning in an organisation.
- Understand global HR strategies including use of strategic tools in developing effective global leaders.
- Understand the relationship between HRM and organizational performance, including the linkage between business strategy and HR strategy.
- Dissertation is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your ability to investigate an issue of your own choice over a significant period of time. Essentially this is an individual effort but it is carried out with the guidance and advice of your supervisor. Research is a creative and investigative process which only you can develop fully.
- A supervisor/dissertation guide will be appointed to each student and the role of the supervisor is to act as a learning resource for the student. It is the student’s responsibility to make use of that opportunity, in consultation with the supervisor. The student is therefore expected to accept responsibility for the management of his/her learning.
Applicants must have attained the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University
- English Proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 and above
- Minimum 20 years of age
- Minimum 2 years of work experience preferred
Documents Required for Application:
- Duly Filled Application form
- Academic documents (High School and Bachelor degree with transcripts)
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of your passport
- A photograph
- Statement of purpose
Completing an EMBA degree opens the doors for a series of career opportunities. Here is a list of the most common careers Management graduates pursue:
Completing an Executive MBA (EMBA) degree in HR Management opens the doors for a series of career opportunities. Here is a list of the most common careers human resource graduates pursue
- Human Resources Manager
- Non-profit Human Resources Expert
- HR Consultant
- International Human Resources Professional
- Training & Development Manager
- Executive Recruiter
For anyone studying human resources and getting an Executive MBA in HR Management, there are many areas to choose from when it comes to careers. You can stay a generalist and climb the career ladder into a management role, or you can distil the aspects of the career you like best—teaching people, negotiating, the technical aspects, etc.—and become a niche specialist.
A scholar holding an Executive MBA with the concentration in HR Management degree is always at a strategic advantage of his career to progress onto Doctorate degree: DBA or PhD in Human Resource Management (Level 8) of academic career path, provided learner has displayed excellence in academic performance at Executive MBA level.
Guglielmo Marconi University is the only Italian University to have Dual Accreditation advantage; by the Italian Ministry of Education and is also accredited by ACICS – Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), the largest US accrediting institution linked to the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). This means that GMU EMBA degree is very well accepted by government agencies across the countries. University at present is home to more than 16000 students enrolled onto its graduate and postgraduate programs, 300 faculty members and an academic advising team made of more than 200 experts.
Cambridge International Qualifications (CIQ) is a professional awarding organisation based in the UK. CIQ develops and accredits qualifications designed to meet the needs of learners and the industry sectors in order to provide individuals with opportunities for personal and professional development. CIQ has gained the reputation for high quality support and services to the educational sector.
At CIQ , we are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life. Cambridge International Qualification has developed an internal Qualification Framework (CIQ Credit Framework) which consists of different levels and qualifications such as Certificates and Diplomas in line with the International standards.
CIQ is accredited by nationally recognised awarding organisations such as NCFE and TQUK.
NCFE, previously the Northern Council for Further Education, has designed, developed and certified over 500 nationally regulated qualifications. TQUK, also known as Training Qualifications, UK, offers world class support and service to over 200 approved centres with a wide range of qualifications recognised by the Office of Qualifications and examinations Regulation England (Ofqual) and can be adapted to suit the learners needs.
- Accredited by ACICS, CHEA, Ministry of Education (Italy)
- Dual Certification Program – Students get an EMBA & PG Advanced Diploma
- Onsite Evening-Weekend classes-Friday’s Only
- Flexible installment option
- Robust learning management system containing case studies, HD-quality video lectures
- On-line Library Access
- Leadership session in London.
- Guglielmo Marconi University Alumni Status
- Option to attend University Convocation in Rome