- Course Level Masters
- Credits 60 ECTS
- Next intake January 2020
- Duration 12 months
- Study mode Online
- Language English
Earn your European MBA through Interactive and flexible online classes. Ideal program for working executives around the world
Healthcare industry is growing by leaps and bounds, and along with the rapid expansion come a number of onerous challenges, which are required to be overcome with good robust healthcare management practices. The core competencies and the best practices in healthcare have to be amalgamated deftly along with healthcare operations. The Executive MBA in Healthcare Management can be pursued Online, as distance learning or part-time, making it the flexible and convenient for the busy working professionals.Understanding the legal and statutory regulatory issues affecting healthcare management organisations is imperative for the smooth and streamlined functioning of a healthcare management organisation. Healthcare administration is as important as healthcare operations, and thus good leadership, supervision and control in healthcare systems add like a force multiplier in efficient management of all healthcare services. The hospital administrator’s aim is always to create a conducive work environment that treats patients empathetically and ensure that best treatment and facilities are provided. One of the biggest critical challenges for any healthcare organisation is to provide quality healthcare in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. This specialisation Executive MBA (EMBA) pedagogy in Healthcare Management has been crafted and designed for working professionals in the healthcare industry to manage these complex changes competently, and help their teams to lead healthcare operations with dexterity and aplomb.
This MBA program grants 60 ECTS credits to the learner. The US and UK credits are the equivalent conversions and are provided for illustrative purpose only.
The following are the aims of this program:
- To provide good business-related knowledge in healthcare management which will help learners in managing their organisation effectively and efficiently.
- To prepare learners in knowledge and in practice for high level performance in their place of work/employment.
- To develop in students a core understanding of the issues of health programs and systems, with the amalgamation of the same into good operative business processes.
- To develop specialized knowledge and domain expertise in efficient management of a healthcare services centre.
- To enable students to acquire greater management specialization skills in their place of employment.
- To develop an awareness of the problems confronted by organizations and businesses in the healthcare sector, and equip learners with the means of problem solving and logical decision making.
- To prepare and nurture the learners in the field of healthcare management to hold leading managerial positions, as well as help them in their career progression ladder in the healthcare industry.
- Critically review and analyse the importance of HRM and its practices in an organisation, and how it can be linked with organisational behaviour activities in overcoming business issues and challenges for a better performance of the organisation.
- Critically review and analyse the framework of leadership and consider the nature, strengths and weaknesses of the various approaches: traits; functional; behavioural; style; contingency. The continuum of leadership behaviour should be explored in some depth with consideration of the factors determining the chosen leadership style.
- Discuss the concept of organisational behaviour and its interface with management. Review and critically synthesize the various influences on behaviour in organisations and the interface with management in integrating and balancing these.
- Assess the role of IHRM and its impact on the global organisation. Identify some of the key HRM challenges facing organisations working internationally.
- Discuss the prevalent HRM practices and integrating the best practices in the global organisation.
- Know the various tools, techniques and apply suitable tools and techniques in different alternative scenarios of Operations Management.
- Apply information management techniques and evaluate them in context of operational functions to achieve competitive advantage and make the organization globally competitive.
- Apply and critically evaluate the importance of project management to given business situations (Using PERT / CPM).
- Demonstrate operations strategy in domestic and global context, and evaluate how the use of technology has impacted the operational functions.
- Identify and analyse the implications for managing strategic change in supporting organisational transformation.
- Analyse the organisational management challenges faced during the transformation and changes experienced by the organisation.
- Analyse and evaluate the significance of strategy employed in trying to bring about an effective change management in an organisation. How does this impact leadership and human behaviour in the organisation.
- Evaluate different change management theories propounded on management and leadership attributes which leads to enhanced contribution by managers and the employees.
- Analyse the changing business environment(s) globally and how they pose challenges to marketing management functions in organisations.
- Develop marketing plans with the application of appropriate marketing models, tools and techniques.
- Evaluate the processes involved in brand management and how they influence consumer behaviour.
- Evaluate the skills set needed as a creative marketer to launch new products/services in a dynamic global marketplace.
- Understand healthcare strategies, devise healthcare strategic plans and acquire knowledge of healthcare accreditation schemes
- Understand about healthcare quality, patient safety and prevention of medical errors.
- Understand the quality of leadership required in healthcare industry, discuss various leadership styles and approaches available
- Acquire the essentials of good healthcare financial management principles
- Understand a typical healthcare organisations' structure and culture, including the organisational behaviour in healthcare industry.
- Understand change management and apply it effectively to organisational development in healthcare sector.
- Gain knowledge on the values, attitudes and behaviour of employees and align these with the strategic management practices in the Healthcare Sector.
- Understand the selected available lean tools required for analysing and improving healthcare processes.
- Dissertation is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your ability to investigate an issue of your own choice over a significant period of time. Essentially this is an individual effort but it is carried out with the guidance and advice of your supervisor. Research is a creative and investigative process which only you can develop fully.
- A supervisor/dissertation guide will be appointed to each student and the role of the supervisor is to act as a learning resource for the student. It is the student’s responsibility to make use of that opportunity, in consultation with the supervisor. The student is therefore expected to accept responsibility for the management of his/her learning.
Applicants must have attained the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University
- English Proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 and above
- Minimum 20 years of age
- Minimum 2 years of work experience preferred
Documents Required for Application:
- Duly Filled Application form
- Academic documents (High School and Bachelor degree with transcripts)
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of your passport
- A photograph
- Statement of purpose
Completing an EMBA degree opens the doors for a series of career opportunities. Here is a list of the most common careers Management graduates pursue:
The career opportunities in healthcare management are practically endless. Advances in medical technology have resulted in healthcare is one of the fastest growing industries. Healthcare management is a rapidly growing field with a plethora of promising career opportunities. While there may be a lot of different choices, the Executive MBA (EMBA) in Healthcare Management is becoming a popular healthcare track for future leaders who want to enter a growing recession proof industry.
- Healthcare Consultant
- Research and Development Business Manager
- Health Information Manager
- Hospital Administrator
- Pharmaceutical Project Manager
- Practice Manager
- Hospital CFO
- Hospital CEO
As the population is ageing and staying more active later in life, the healthcare field overall is booming. There is a great increase in the numbers of medical professionals and medical facilities in the field of healthcare. This also means that there is more of a demand for good business managers for those healthcare facilities and practices. This makes the healthcare field an excellent career path for professionals with an MBA.
A scholar holding an Executive MBA (EMBA) with the concentration in Healthcare Management degree is always at a strategic advantage of his career to progress onto Doctorate degree: DBA or PhD in Healthcare Management (Level 8) of academic career path, provided learner has displayed excellence in academic performance at Executive MBA (EMBA) level.
Guglielmo Marconi is a world-class Italian university promoting the use of innovative learning methodologies and an approach based on the development of interdisciplinary knowledge, skills and competencies with a particular emphasis on the global perspective. It’s diverse community has presently a total number of 16000 students enrolled in graduate and postgraduate programs, 300 faculty members and an academic advising team made of more than 200 experts. The University Headquarter is situated in the heart of Rome, near the Vatican City, but the numerous regional and international branches allow both domestic and overseas students to take their final exam and present their thesis/dissertation without leaving their own country or state. Guglielmo Marconi University is also an ENIC-NARIC approved university.
Learners pursuing their MBA through Eaton Business School earns two distinct certifications within one program. A Post Graduate Advanced Diploma from CIQ, UK and an MBA from Guglielmo Marconi University, Italy.
Guglielmo Marconi University
Guglielmo Marconi University (GMU) is a world-class Italian university promoting the use of innovative learning methodologies and an approach based on the development of interdisciplinary knowledge, skills and competencies with a particular emphasis on the global perspective. It’s diverse community has presently a total number of 16000 students enrolled in graduate and postgraduate programs, 300 faculty members and an academic advising team made of more than 200 experts. The University Headquarter is situated in the heart of Rome, near the Vatican City, but the numerous regional and international branches allow both domestic and overseas students to take their final exam and present their thesis/dissertation without leaving their own country or state. Guglielmo Marconi University is approved under SAQA and ENIC-NARIC.
Cambridge International Qualifications (CIQ), UK is a professional awarding body based in United Kingdom. CIQ is founded on the vision of helping individual learners and employers in attaining quality accredited awards. With centers across the Middle East, Europe and African region, CIQ is a proud certification partner for more than 100 organizations and has a progression pathway with some of the leading universities across the world. CIQ also designs customized program on leading industry topics and facilitates their certification programs through its channel partners across the world. CIQ also offers credit rated qualifications in partnership with SQA (Scottish Qualifications Authority) which are jointly certified by SQA & CIQ.